What is an Election Judge?
Promote democracy! Serve as a poll worker on Election Day.
Election Judges must meet the following qualifications:
- Registered electors who reside in the political subdivision, unless otherwise excepted, and are willing to serve – knowing that Election Day runs from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.;
- Be U.S. citizens by the date of the election at which they are scheduled to work;
- Be physically and mentally able to perform the duties of an Election Judge;
- Attend a mandatory Election Judge class prior to each election at which they work;
- Never been convicted of election fraud, any other election offense, or fraud; and
Neither a candidate whose name appears on the ballot in the precinct that they are appointed to serve nor a member of the immediate family, related by blood or marriage to the second degree, of a candidate whose name appears on the ballot in the precinct that they are appointed to serve.
- Get involved and assist voters on Election Day.
For more information, see the the Election Judges section of the Weld County website.
If you are a registered voter, you can serve as a poll worker!