Updated January 28, 2021
February 6, 2021 Weld County Democratic Party Reorganization.
Begin signing in at 9 am and meeting begins at 9:30 am.
Register in advance for this meeting:
The Weld County Democratic Party Central Committee will hold a Reorganization (Reorg) meeting the morning of February 6, 2021. Further details regarding time and virtual meeting logistics will be coming soon. Major political parties in Colorado are required to reorganize to elect party officers at county, legislative, congressional district and state levels every two years. Counties are required to hold their Reorg between February 1 and February 15, and due to COVID-19, the meeting will be virtual.
The Weld County Democratic Party will elect the following officers and committee members on Feb. 6, 2021:
- County Officers: Chair, 1st Vice Chair, 2nd Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer
- State Central Committee Bonus Members (14)
- State Executive Committee Bonus Members (7)
- 4th CD Central Committee Bonus Members (14)
- House Districts 48, 50, 63 Officers: Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary and a State Platform Committee Member
- Senate District 13 Officers: Chair, Vice Chair, and Secretary
- County Commissioner District Officers for 1, 2, 3: Chair, Vice Chair, and Secretary 19th Judicial District Officers: (traditionally county chair, vice chair and secretary) Multi-county district central committees will meet at later dates. On Feb. 6, Weld County will elect bonus members to the following multi-county districts: SD 1(1), SD 23 (6), HD 49 (3)
All registered Democrats in the county may run for countywide positions and party offices in their districts. Candidates do not have to be members of the central committee to be eligible. To have your name on the ballot, please fill out the form on the Weld County Dems website or email the following information to email@example.com by Jan. 27: your name, address, phone, email address, and the office(s) you are interested in or.
If you decide to run and would like a list of Central Committee members to contact about your candidacy before the meeting, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a list. Please keep in mind that ALL positions are volunteer positions and there is a time commitment. Meetings have quorum requirements and attending the meetings or providing a proxy when you cannot attend are responsibilities that come with the positions.
A central committee’s composition will vary depending on the jurisdiction. Voting members of each central committee meeting on Feb. 6 are the officers elected in 2019, the precinct committee people elected at caucuses in 2020, and certain Democratic elected officials.
If you’re interested in running for positions with the Colorado Democratic Party, the state reorganization meeting will be held March 20, 2021.