For Immediate Release
May 22nd, 2019
Judicial Nominating Commissions
There is a judicial district nominating commission for each of Colorado’s 22 judicial districts that select nominees for district and county judicial vacancies. Each district nominating commission is chaired by a justice of the Supreme Court, who is a non-voting member of the commission.
Supreme Court Nominating Commission
For terms expiring December 31, 2020:
- Deborah Anne Suniga of Greeley, Colorado, to serve as a non-attorney and as a Democrat from the Fourth Congressional District, and occasioned by the resignation of Tracee Bentley of Severance, Colorado, appointed;
Colorado Medical Board
The Colorado Medical Board reviews applications for medical licenses. In cases involving any professional or ethical violations of the Medical Practices Act, the board holds hearings and assists the state’s district attorneys in the prosecution of all persons, firms, associations, or corporations charged with improper conduct.
For a term expiring May 3, 2023:
- Amy Elizabeth Colen of Evergreen, Colorado, to serve as a member of the public, reappointed;
- Donald Jay Lefkowits, MD, FACEP of Denver, Colorado, to serve as a doctor of medicine, reappointed;
- Lesley Clark Brooks, MD, of Greeley, Colorado, to serve as a doctor of medicine, appointed;
- Roland Flores, Jr., MD, of Denver, Colorado, to serve as a doctor of medicine, appointed.
Oil and Gas Conservation Commission of the State of Colorado
The Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC) promotes the responsible development of Colorado’s oil and gas natural resources by balancing the efficient exploration and production of oil and gas resources, the prevention of waste and the protection of the public health, environment and mineral owners’ rights.
Pursuant to C.R.S. § 34-60-104, effective May 16, 2019, for a term expiring July 1, 2020:
- Brenda Haun of Grover, Colorado, to serve as an agricultural production or royalty member, and as an Unaffiliated, appointed. Ms. Haun is a veterinarian and she and her family own a cattle ranch in Weld County.
- Erin Overturf of Denver, Colorado, to serve as an environmental protection member, and as a Democrat, appointed. Ms. Overturf is Deputy Director, Clean Energy Program with Western Resource Advocates.
- Howard Boigon of Denver, Colorado, to serve as a member with experience in the oil and gas industry, and as a Democrat, appointed. Mr. Boigon is an oil and gas attorney with many years of experience in the industry.
- John Messner of Gunnison, Colorado, to serve as a local government member, and as a Democrat, appointed. Mr. Messner is a Gunnison County Commissioner.
- Liane Jollon of Durango, Colorado, to serve as a member with experience in public health, and as an Unaffiliated, appointed. Ms. Jollon is the Director of the San Juan Basin Public Health.
- Mark Hopkins of Broomfield, Colorado, to serve as a member with technical expertise relevant to the issues considered by the commission, and as a Republican, appointed. Mr. Hopkins is a retired engineer following a career with the Chevron Corporation.
- Pam Eaton of Boulder, Colorado, to serve as a wildlife protection member, and as a Democrat, appointed. Ms. Eaton is a founder of Green West Strategies, a consulting firm focusing on conservation and renewable energy and former Deputy Vice President with The Wilderness Society.
State Board of Stock Inspection Commissioners
The State Board of Stock Inspection Commission makes rules regarding brand inspection and livestock laws and regulates fees for stock inspections. The commission also sets service charges and procedures, administers the Estray Fund, licenses public livestock markets, and secures bond and surety on butchers and slaughters.
For terms expiring May 1, 2023:
- Kory Allen Kessinger of Akron, Colorado, to serve as a representative of the confinement cattle industry, reappointed;
- David H. Mendenhall of Rocky Ford Colorado, to serve as a representative of the non-confinement cattle industry, reappointed.
Colorado Wildlife Habitat Stamp Committee
The Colorado Wildlife Habitat Stamp Committee shall annually review proposed projects for the expenditure of Colorado wildlife habitat stamp funds and make recommendations to the director and the wildlife commission.
For terms expiring December 31, 2022:
- Timothy Brass of Longmont, Colorado, at large member, reappointed;
- Thomas Duane Brossia of Durango, Colorado, a sportsperson, reappointed;
- Daniel C. Gates of Canon City, Colorado, a sportsperson, reappointed;
- Robert William Winn of Rifle, Colorado, a sportsperson, appointed
- Ashley Johnson Rust of Denver, Colorado, a representative of a national or regionally recognized conservation organization whose mission is focused on nongame wildlife and whose membership is composed primarily of nongame wildlife users, appointed.